Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Crazy Bird in the Tree

During the summer of '07, there was a bird in my backyard that decided to make a nest under our deck. (picture illustrates exactly were the bird nest was.) One day I was out in on my deck and I heared a little chirping. I hadn't discovered the nest...yet. I looked around and tried to listen carefully, but i couldn't find the source of the noise. The next morning, I went out onto my deck and I heared the same chirping. I was determined to find the source. I looked all around and discovered that it was coming from below. When I looked through the spacing in the boards, I noticed that it was a baby bird. I went back into my house and found some bread to feed it. Day after day, I went outside to feed this little bird. There was a tree across from my deck and everyday, I never really thought about a violent chirping that grew louder. After a week of feeding this bird, I started to acknowledge the chirping.
The next morning, I went out onto my deck. I took five steps out and all of a sudden, I saw a wild bird fly towards me. I then sprinted towards the door and grabbed it open and then slammed it shut. The bird flew right at the window then sharply turned.
For the rest of that summer, I would not go into my backyard. To this day, I am scared of birds

No comments: