Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sister Sister


I definitely feel bad for Birdie. I think it sucks that she lost her sister. I think I feel for her more because I have a sister, that I kind of lost. I lost her in the emotional sense that we drifted away from one another. We also dont have the same taste in things.
Its so weird because I remember when my sister I were so close that we had planned on getting married on the same day to two people who were best friends and live next door to one another. This was when we were so close that we were afraid of losing one another so we kind of predestined our future so we would always be together forever. (That was when I was young and naive and reality hadnt struck me yet.)

I definitely feel for Birdie because it's like Cole made a future with her other black friends and Birdie is left out. She is in the shadows, and as much as she tries to fit in and be in the same future with her sister, she will neve fit in.

No comments: